Phone: 717-274-1678 | Fax : 717-274-1977
Ms. Burkett has practiced law in Lebanon County since 1988 and has been a custody conciliator, mediator, and divorce master for the Lebanon County Court of Common Pleas. She served as Lebanon County’s standing Guardian Ad Litem beginning in 1991. Ms. Burkett instituted a custody clinic for low income residents of Lebanon County in 1991 as well. She focuses her practice on family law issues and estate probate.
B.A., Albright College, 1985
Juris Doctor, Dickinson School of Law, 1988
Areas of Practice
• Family and Matrimonial (including Divorce, Support, Custody and Adoptions)
• Wills and Estates
• Business Law
• Civil Disputes and Litigation
United States Supreme Court
Pennsylvania Supreme Court
United States District Court, Middle District
Pennsylvania Bar Association
• Children’s Rights Committee
• Family Law Section- Council Member 2003-2005, Adoption and Surrogacy Committee- Chair – 2012
• House of Delegates Representative- 2007- present
• Judicial Evaluation Committee member
• Women in the Profession Section member
Lebanon County Bar Association
• President- 2006- 2007
• Public Relations Co-Chair- 2010-present
• Family Law Committee
• Women’s Law Section
• Young Lawyers Chair- 1989-1992
National Association of Counsel for Children
Lebanon County Board of Arbitrators
Awards & Distinctions
• 2015, 2016, 2017 Member of the Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
• 2011-2017 Pennsylvania Super Lawyer selection by Philadelphia magazine
• 2017 Expert Network Distinguished Lawyer Award
• 2007 County Bar President’s Award presented by the PBA for outstanding leadership, exemplary service to the legal profession and lasting contributions to the betterment of the Pennsylvania justice system.
• 2006 Pro Bono Award presented by the PBA in recognition of fifteen years of continuous service in founding, operating and instructing the custody clinic the MidPenn Legal Services.
• 2015-2016 American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award
Pennsylvania Family Lawyer, Casenotes
• Sexual Assault Resource and Counseling Center, Board of Directors, 2015-present, Secretary, 2016-present
• Lebanon County Commission For Women, County Commissioner Appointment 2010-2016, Hall of Fame co-chair, 2014-2016, Hall of Fame Committee- 2010-present
• Domestic Violence Intervention, Board of Directors, 1990-1996, Vice President 1994-1996
• Cornwall Children’s Center, Board of Directors, 2001-2004
• United Forces For Veterans, Board of Directors, 2008- 2012
• Lebanon Valley Sertoma Club member 2009-present
• Cornwall United Methodist Church- Chairperson, Council on Ministries, Administrative Board, Leadership Team-2010-2013
Samuel G. Weiss, Jr.
A lifelong resident of Lebanon County, Samuel G. Weiss, Jr. graduated from The Hotchkiss School in 1963, Yale University in 1967 and Dickinson School of Law in 1971. Following his graduation from law school, he joined his father, Samuel G. Weiss, Sr., in the practice of law in Lebanon, PA. He is admitted to practice in all the courts of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court, Middle District, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
He is the current solicitor for: Cornwall Borough; East Hanover Township (Lebanon County); City of Lebanon Authority; Greater Lebanon Refuse Authority; South Annville Township, Lebanon County, Authority; and the Zoning Hearing Board of North Cornwall Township. He is a member of the Lebanon County and Pennsylvania Bar Associations.
Sam practices in the areas of wills, estates, trusts, real estate transactions, business law and municipal law.
Matthew M. Karinch
Matt was born and raised in Cornwall, PA. He graduated from Lebanon Catholic High School in 1989, the University of Pittsburgh in 1993 and the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 1999. Between college and law school he spent a year doing graduate work in computer engineering at Penn State University. After passing the bar he worked as an associate attorney in the firms of Pozzuolo & Perkiss, P.C. (Philadelphia, PA) and Holsten & Associates (Media, PA) and as in-house counsel for CIGNA International (Wilmington, DE).
Matt is currently the solicitor for the Cornwall Borough Municipal Authority. He is admitted to practice in all Pennsylvania Courts as well as the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. He is a member of the Lebanon County and Pennsylvania Bar Associations.
Matt practices in the areas of business formation, wills, estates, contracts, business, corporate, unemployment compensation and municipal law.